John Hartford at Mole Lake Wisconsin

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ In Tribute to a Friend ]

Posted by Mr Med the Dead on June 06, 101 at 02:31:44:

Greetings Everyone, Just wanted to post a little story about John and the old days at the Great Northern Bluegrass Festival in Mole Lake Wisconsin. It was 1988 I believe the 12 or 13th fest John was always the headliner on Saturday night, We would all gather round the Blister Sister Tavern tent and watch John do his set. I'll never forget what happened at that show John came out and started playing Hey Babe you Wanna boogie and he hopped off stage fiddle in hand and walked the whole length of the oval shapped(bowl)or festival grounds, allowing anyone he encountered to touch him as he walked past us, now mind you this was maybe my 2nd or 3rd consert of any type, I could not believe that a performer of the day would do this for his fans. I was so touched and still to this day have never encountered a musician of John Hartford's magnatude. After the show I have just talked about mr. Hartford polietly bowed and did his famous hat tip, and then proceeded to tend bar with aelene at the Blister Sister's tavern, getting beers and mixing drinks, I walked up with my jH tee shirt and asked if I could get my shirt sighned he said No Problem and then kindly asked who the autograph was for. I replyed Scott and he graciously sighned TO SCOTT ALL MY BEST and then put his trademark signature after I still have this shirt and after hearing of his passing on the 4th shall treasure this and keep it closer to my heart. My Condolences to all of the Hartford family John shall be dearly missed and I will never again be able to look forward to a bleugrass festival that John will be at, But I will always have the memories and little bit of video tape of him performing in WI. GOD SPEED JOHN HARTFORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ In Tribute to a Friend ]